CHILD DEDICATION

 


The ceremony also reminds parents to depend on God and His resources, including the church family and friends, to help nurture their children.


Scriptural basis for Dedicating Children


“Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these” Mark 10:14 NIV.


The practice of child dedication has been modeled throughout the Bible:


The Israelites brought their 8-day-old children to the priest for blessing.


Hannah brought her long-awaited son, Samuel, to the priest to dedicate him to the Lord.


Mary and Joseph brought baby Jesus to the temple for dedication.


Why Sunday morning?


The church family joins in the dedication of a child, not as observers but as participants. As God's people, we unite to extend our faith in Jesus Christ to the next generation.


A Christian Parent’s Covenant


“Declaring Christ as Savior and Lord and believing in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I this day acknowledge that my children are gifts from God, that I am a caretaker by His grace and, therefore, I accept the responsibility for raising my family to know and follow Jesus. 


“With God as my strength, I promise to give my child every possible benefit of home, school, church and community. And I ask His blessing upon my child, to guide and guard through all his/her years. Amen.”


Comments

[ most popular post's. Ranked 1million visitor's ]

I am Mr Joseph chibueze Ohuruogu

Dr Oluyemi Akande will not leave fecolart: do you believe that.

Nigerian woman goes into labor minutes after TikTok post, loses twins

FCT police drafted to Abuja school where students were filmed bullying their classmate

Bobrisky pleads guilty to Naira abuse as court strikes out Money Laundering charges

Zubby Michael Dragged Over His Red T-Shirt Outfit to Junior Pope’s Funeral