OPay Reversed N100,000 Sent by Woman From Her GT Account, But GTB Won’t Release It

 Blessing Eziaghiagala, a Lagos-based woman, has accused Guaranty Trust Bank (GT Bank) of refusing to reverse her N100,000 from an account with OPay.



She told FIJ that despite her several emails to GT Bank, the issue remained unresolved regardless of the bank’s repeated assurances.

Eziaghiagala said that her nightmare started on June 21 when she mistakenly transferred N100,000 from her GT Bank account to an OPay account she no longer uses.

According to Eziaghiagala, when she realised that she had transferred her money to an OPay account she could not access, she contacted OPay to grant her access to it, which they did.

OPay receipt

“OPay allowed me access to the account, and I transferred the money on July 5 back to my GT Bank account. But since that day, GT Bank has refused to allow the money to reflect in my account,” Eziaghiagala told FIJ.

She said that she had contacted OPay several times after July 5 to ask why GT claimed not to have received the money, but they told her GT Bank only needs to allow the funds to reflect in her account.

Anytime I call OPay, they keep redirecting me to GT Bank, saying GT is supposed to log on to something to get my money back. They have been in touch with GT, but they are unwilling to refund the money,” she said.

“This is my hard-earned money. I’m not doing anything dubious, so I don’t know why they are withholding my funds. I have sent countless emails, but they keep saying they are working on it. OPay is tired of my calls. This is not a third-party account because my name is there. I don’t know why they are doing this.”

When FIJ emailed GT Bank for comments on July 23, but they had not responded as of press time.


Post a Comment

0 Comments